Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Whispers From the Soul

Come. 

Share with me.
Tell me everything - small and big.
Show me your dreams,
Allow me to suffer your nightmares.

Let me see your wounds; ripped-open and wide.
I might not remove the pain,
I might not stop the bleeding
Yet, I will seal it with a kiss of friendship 
And embrace it with love. 

Let me see your heart racing; beating and thriving.
I will take your triumph as mine, 
I will sing with your joy, 
And I will let it soar with a kiss of friendship 
And the breath of love. 

No, do not turn away love - 

If you cannot find the words
Use what words you have, 
I care not if they are clumsy or sparse -
Let them come out of you and towards me.

And if I am far, 
Tell me anyway.
Let me be a part of you -
And know all that you feel -
Here, there and everywhere.

Come then, love of my life,
If I cannot comfort you with a touch or with words - 
Let my love be the solace for your troubled heart, 
Let my soundless attention be your mind's strength 
Let our companionship heal your worries.

Come then, heart of my heart
If I cannot share your joy with an immediate hug - 
Let my love be the laughter from your singing heart, 
Let my unvoiced pleasure be your mind's content
Let our companionship seal us together.

But, darling, do not turn away,
Dearest of hearts do not hide your
Mind, body, heart or soul,
Lest a vine creeps its way between us 

Nay, let us linger together forever - 
My heart in yours and yours in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment