Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dance


A Little About Dance

Dancing: what can I say? I have been in dance class since I was a few days old and been learning since I was three! So, here's some nice stuff to know about my kind of dancing:



Khantaanyat Lambayat Geetam
Hastana Artha Pradakshayat
Chakshubhyam Darshayat Bhavom
Padabhyam Tala Acherait

Yato Hasta Stato Drushti
Yato Drushti Stato Manaha
Yato Manaha Stato Bhavom
Yato Bhavom Stato Rasaha

This means:

Keep the song in your throat
Let your hands bring out the meaning
Your glance should be full of expression
While your feet maintain the rhythm

Where the hand goes, there the eyes should follow
Where the eyes are, the mind should follow
Where the mind is, there the expression should be brought out
Where the expression is, there the rasa or flavour will be experienced (by the audience).

more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment