Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Some of my Poetry

Distances
Distancing yourself,
Seeking solitude:
Not for self, but from me.
Yet you say,
"All is well"
But days go by,
And I turmoil within…

Vast fields lie
Between us now.
Fields of abundance
That I tried to conquer
Tried, but failed;
Failed to conquer land,
Failed to capture you.

And so, I meet your silence
With a silence of my own;
Pretentious disinterest lays bare,
Covered am I in a cloak of calmness.
Painless I appear
But scorned am I
Still do I submit
To anything you offer me-
Be it love, dislike, silence, ignorance!-
Merely because it is you who offers it.

Alone
A dream of better times crosses my mind.
Visions of things not yet done creep in,
Urging me on - hurry live your fantasies!

Alas,
Shattered! Barren! Asleep!
Dead are my dreams.
Unable I remain, to live them -
For you perceived my visions with me
And now you no longer stand the sight of me!

Envy
Green, Vivid, Stark
Rippling through my being;
Seeds of doubt penetrate
Unconsciousness steals in
I dwindle by and by,
As I watch you clasp,
What is not mine,
But of another green,
Cheerful and spring-full,
Un-diseased by pettiness,
Pollution free,
Full of life,
Jealousy be damned,
For thus did I fall,
Thus did she live,
Emerald green, mocking
My blistering, burning ochre.

The lie
The room was blanketed in darkness.
I look out the window,
More darkness.
An endless abyss of black,
No promise of light;
I turn away from the
Honest fool.

I close my eyes- and behold:
A glimmer of light!
I chase it through
Forests and mountains
Rivers, seas! My
Smile broadens
The light grows stronger.
My eyes flicker, open;
Darkness envelopes me again.

Ecstasy
Nirvana! I
Awake
To silver and black -
Exotic,
Thrilling,
Tempting.
All around a pool of colour:
A deep and rich
Ethereal music;
Approaching stealthily-
Undaunted:
Full of magic.
Enticing me, and then
Consuming
Mountain, sea, sky and rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment