Friday, September 26, 2014

Rain

The weather is stunning this morning: it is cold, grey and raining pleasantly. I love this "gloomy" weather. It makes me think of reading a captivating novel, wrapped up in a warm blanket, sitting in bed or on the couch, and sipping on a satisfying, hot, chocolate drink.

It makes me dream - of things such as walking up a hill, barefoot, feeling the muddy glory of the earth on my feet, as it pours down on me. It awakens the romance in me; getting drunk on the smell of a sweet bunch of red roses; the taste of a long, lingering kiss, from my lover's lips, as the rain falls on us - a benediction from nature.

The rain is propitious because it speaks of freshness - a reawakening of nature and of self. It always makes me feel calmly happy when I see the grass, lush green and inviting, in the aftermath of a downpour. This is a stark and dramatic transformation especially when you are surrounded by Savannah; a thrilling transformation. Every thing looks clean and fresh, and the smell of rain-mud is tantalising. Dew drops, resting on leaves and petals alike, are not only gorgeous to look at but seem to serve as a reminder that water is life. And I, in my dreamy, rainy world, feel at one with the elements - like I am new and ready to be one with the rain.

I suppose it is the power of nature that reaches out to me when it is raining. It carries my mind in any direction it chooses. Irrevocably, when it is raining, I find myself staring out the window watching the pitter-patter of rain drops against the glass; I soak in the varying moods of the rain shower as it thunderously ravages the earth, and then sanguinely slows into a soft, sensual drizzle... And my thoughts are one with the rain excited, full and robust, questioning, playful, thoughtful and then calm matching the gentle rhythm of the rain fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment