Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The other things

The Confederations Cup semi final berths have been decided. Tonight Portugal face Chile, and Germany take on a gritty Mexico. I don't think the line-up has any surprises - was anyone expecting them? 

I have a confession - I have barely watched the matches. Apart from the rather poor commentating, I just haven't felt the oooompfh (Does the Confederations Cup ever have ooompfh?) But this live video refereeing nonsense has certainly piqued my interest! Do I like it? I honestly have to answer a veritable, no.  It will probably take some time to get used to it, but the worst thing about it is that it takes away the flow of the game. And football is gorgeous because of the flow. I hope that in the world cup we don't have massive interruptions because of this new method. Sigh!

In other sporting news, Wimbledon is less than a week away and I begin to dream of being there to watch it live! Ah, the magic of Wimbledon.... can you just see the green surroundings, and the promising taste of strawberries and cream? I am going to wait for a few matches before I dive into supporting my favourites.... oooh, I so hope that it is a good tournament for them! And I can't wait to see how the women's draw plays out... 

Speaking of the women's draw reminds me that the women's cricket world cup is on going and I believe it is exciting - possibly more exciting than the just ended Champions trophy. Thus far: India, SA, England, Australia and NZ have all won games. I am likely to keep my eyes open on this one - I believe it is going to get more intense out there. But here is a comic moment for you - anyone notice the tautology?




No comments:

Post a Comment