Monday, July 03, 2017

Grass, Strawberries & Cream!

First things first, congratulations team Germany on your Confederations Cup victory over Chile last night. I hope that the curse of a win here doesn't blot your chances at being the runner up in Russia 2018 (For those of you who know me, you know exactly what is hidden between those lines). Speaking of this win - I picked up a copy of the Daily Nation this morning in the hopes of seeing an article about Germany's win, and was sadly disappointed to see them still speaking about the third place game - surely, daily nation, you can do better than this? It isn't as if the match ended early this morning?...

Speaking of sporting action not to be missed... tantalising, classy, alluring Wimbledon is here! Whoa! I can't wait, and I hope that my favourites favour my disposition to watch this tournament all the way to the finals with a smile on my face. The draws have been decided, and day one has some promising games: Wawrinka vs D Medvedev could be an interesting one to look out for. The Kohlschreiber vs Cilic match also seems to be one of the matches that could turn out to be a cracker. In the women's draw most matches look to be straightforward (Watch out for the Navarro vs Bouchard game). I am eager to see how Ostapenko will fair. Lisicki on grass is of course a delight to watch - it will be good to see if she is in good form. And best of all, Azarenka aka Vicky is back on court. Let the games begin!

Off the court, a good friend of mine announced categorically that, "Messi got messed up." I read that statement in some trepidation, quietly running through football fixtures in my head wondering if he had injured himself. Turns out that he was referring to Messi's nuptials, and Messi is still well and quite capable of working some magic on the football pitch. Phew! On that happy note, I bid you all farewell for the week.

Happy Sporting!



No comments:

Post a Comment