Thursday, July 27, 2017

Time for recovery

Over the last few weeks I haven't had the time to actually sit down and follow a complete match or tourney in any sporting event.

I did get a glimpse of the cricket world cup (Women's) and it looked like a good game, although India did let the match slip away from them. It was however a great cup and certainly had moments of excitement.

August has its share of sporting events to look forward to, the highlights for me are obvious - the IAAF World Championships and the start of the US open.

Speaking of the US open and the tennis world...Djo has ended his 2017 season. I am happy that he is going to work on his wrist injury and take the necessary precautions to rest and to heal. But, I am equally sad to not have the chance to see more of his game for the rest of the season. I must admit it has been a bit bleak watching him loose time and time again, but he still has a style on court that is special. Best of luck Djo and here is wishing you a great comeback - I can't wait to see you in action in 2018!

And as Djo puts in his time for r&r, I am planning to do the same and catch up on things not sports. So, come mid August I am all set for sport, sport, sport....


No comments:

Post a Comment