Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A game changing game

Another morning, another day at Wimbledon, and some spectacular match ups to look forward to in the men's quarter finals.

And the women's semis have been decided. One thing was for sure - the round of 16 games were more mouth-watering (My favourite critic has said I use too much mouth-watering in my Wimbledon posts...so, I am staying a bad habit) impressive than the quarters.

The first week and then the round of sixteen made me expect sizzling, fight for every point games. The Vandeweghe Vs Rybarikova (Whoop, I have learnt to spell and say her name) was depressingly one-sided. The Williams Vs Ostapenko game was more competitive and while I am a bit sad to see the latter lose, I am still eager to see her in future tournaments. She has this fire when she is playing that is arresting. And then there was the Muguruza Vs Kuznetsova clash which was more competitive on paper...

The match of the day of course was the Konta Vs Halep match. Now that was a match worthy of a quarter final. I sympathise with Halep and her elusive grand slam...but I am going to take away the focus from winners and loosers and just say what a match! The power, the pace, the will to win! Fantastic - kudos ladies!

I can't wait to see how the semi finals will end...

No comments:

Post a Comment