Friday, July 07, 2017

It's a take over

Wimbledon has taken over my life at the moment. I have to admit that I am hardly paying attention to any of the other sporting events going on. I am not even sure I will pay attention to the IAAF which will be held right here in Nairobi!

So the last few days have been good fun at the games.  Some matches have been exactly the way they were meant to be - others, not quite the way they should've panned out.

But I am vindicated by how Ostapenko is playing. Every game she plays is exciting to watch. True she can be topsy turvy and has a huge number of faults. Ah, but her winners and her unrelenting energy to keep getting the next point. The match versus the Canadian Francois Abanda was mouth watering. Both girls were stunning, and full of energy. That was a gripping watch, I tell ya.

Vicka is playing her 3rd round match this afternoon and I am looking for ways to watch it - not follow it on a real time blog, or catch up with the scores online with the slam tracker - but watch the action point by point. If Vicka brings her A game on, Heather Watson should expect fireworks with or without crowd support.

Honestly, the women's games are so exciting, I am skipping many of the men's games... However, I am still reeling from the Del Potro game. Sure he hasn't been as great the last few tournaments, but I don't think anyone was expecting him to loose in the 2nd round.

Thus far my favourites are hanging in there... I hope to see them hanging onto the cup soon...

Until next time, cheers to more Wimbledon....

No comments:

Post a Comment