Thursday, July 13, 2017

All in the game

Heart broken. Distraught. Sad. This pretty much sums up my take on Djo's exit from the Wimbledon. I am almost ready to stop watching. I was driving home (in the rain, and fighting the stupidity of bus and matatu drivers) when Djo started playing. I have watched Djo play Berdych a zillion times, and often at 4-4 I see  Djo break away regardless of the level Berdych plays at. So, when I peeked at my browser and saw 5-5, and then 6-6 I knew something was wrong. I was angry and frustrated at first and then when I saw that he retired, i was just fed up. Minutes later at his press briefing, I could have broken down and wept. Sigh, the traumatising life of a fan. But then I thought, imagine how much worse it must be for him - he was just beginning to play decently and then this. My heart goes out to him and I hope and pray that he recovers well - this fan is waiting eagerly!

Andy also struggling with injury lost to Sam - another gruelling match for the latter. The Cilic Vs Muller game was my pick of the day... Cilic is in serious form at the moment. And then we come to Fed - magic Fed. It seems that no one can give him any competition. I believe tennis fans out there are going to give me hell for this, but I find that the two/three players that could take a match to Fed have been completely out of form this year, so while it has been spectacular to see Fed playing the way he is, I haven't seen anyone really give him something very hard to fight for. He is definitely the favourite for the Championship... but we must wait and see...anything can happen in the world of tennis...

In the meantime, I want to stay excited about the tournament and will do that by focusing on the women's game. Let the semi's begin!

A special shout out, and speedy recovery to Andy, and my favouritest ever, Djo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment