Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Bemusing, Bewildering, or Bloody Brainless?

  1. An international airport that has passengers alight from cars and walk through a security check; This despite the fact that the car driver, and car have to drive through a scanner/check anyway.
  2. Asking for visitors to write down their personal details, including a phone number, on publicly accessible security log books
  3. Asking for visitors to leave behind their IDs at the security point at buildings and replacing the ID with a common visitor pass/tag
  4. Stopping me outside a house gate and asking me a million questions as to the purpose of my visit, even though you have seen me drop off some friends almost weekly...
  5. At a mall that is renovating it's parking areas, the pay points have been disabled. After a tedious and frustrating time finding parking, you still have to pay for the inconvenience manually at a help desk and collect a manual ticket that is then scrutinised when you exit the mall 
  6. Going to a shop, buying items, and then having to get the security guys at the entrance verify your purchase against your receipts (To be noted, modern systems require that all items have to be scanned at the pay desks, or else an embarrassing alarm will start ringing as you exit the shop). In a completely logical and sensible manner these verified receipts are then punched or stapled to confirm that all is well...
  7. Showing up out of the blue at the office and stating categorically that you want to meet me without a prior appointment or discussion.
  8. Sending out official emails and addressing me as a he, and repeating the error even after I correct you....
  9. Giving me directions for parking, when I don't need it, and then insisting that I drive within a cm of the wall - like really?

Ahhhh, the list can go on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment