Thursday, August 31, 2017

Brother Trouble, Sister names, and other things

The Zverev brothers obviously had a tough one yesterday. A 5-setter and a loss. I personally think it was quite unfortunate that Alexander lost. But it sounds like it was a tough game and Coric managed to make the most of tie breaks.

Also, does anyone else get completely stunned every time they see K. Plíšková has lost, only to realise a few blinks later that it is the other sister, not Karolina, who has lost? Not that I want the twin to loose, but seriously it kind of gets traumatising...

And how dull was the Bouchard game? I don't know whether I should be annoyed with the Canadian or just overly sympathetic. There are days when she just doesn't show up - perhaps a withered out ghost takes her place?

Tsonga also seems to have left the US open in a hurry...

Moving away from the loses, there were a number of easy peasy wins - Muguruza, Sharapova, Del potro, Thiem... to mention a few

To be honest, I cant wait now for the second week - and hope I can get a glimpse of the 5-setters etc!

My match of the day (If they both show up): Donald Young vs Gael Monfils. I think this could be full of frills...




No comments:

Post a Comment